Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stop in the name of the law!

What a 24 hour ride.
Last night, after a full day of great events, Alannah and I returned to our favorite little lodge for a good night's sleep before our long drive to Illinois. As we started to drift off, there was a sudden banging on the door of our room. Only the police can knock on a door the way they do...they must have a class on that at the academy.
Two officers awaited as I opened the door.
Yep. Just our luck. Turns out they were hunting a couple almost matching our description and driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee...same year, same color.
We did not get a lot of info from them, and they nicely apologized for disturbing us after a few tense moments, but after getting back into the room, we checked online to see just who we were mistaken to be...
Wow were we pleasantly surprised! Turns out that authorities were hunting a 22 year old male and a 24 year old female!
I was so excited I said to Alannah, "HEY! I looked 22 today!"
I was not the only one excited.
"And I looked 24!" she said.
I went to bed feeling younger. She went to bed feeling older.
All in all, a good but very strange day.